Pages

Friday 9 August 2019

$200 note

Today we made our own $200 dollar note we had to add a bird a NZ icon a color for the note holograph parts and a landmark which all have to be connected to the icon I chose Margret Mahy the world renowned author.Here is a explanation for my choices.

Why Margret Mahy?
She was a world  renowned author.She has won many NZ and international awards for her writing.She has even got her own award called The Margret Mahy Award it is presented annually to a person who has made a significant contribution to the broad field of children's literature and literacy.

Why Kea ?
Margaret Mahy is author and authors write books and books give you knowledge. The Kea is actually the worlds smartest bird.

 Why the Margaret Mahy playground ?
Its the biggest playground in the South Equater opened in 2015 named after Margarert Mahy.Following the 2011 earthquake in Christchurh NZ the governmnts recovery plan had a city-wide recovery plan.

Why yellow?
It is said that her favourite colours are blue and green, but those two colours are taken.So I  found out she had a dog named honey named after her  colour but the three colours added will not  make anything so I decided on yellow!





1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Ebes. I am Timiah from St Mary’s School.
    I really liked your choice of background colour (yellow) it is my favorite colour.
    I learnt that Margaret Mahy’s favorite colours are blue and green.
    Maybe you could make your writing a bit bigger.
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Timiah

    ReplyDelete