Pages

Friday 13 March 2020

The Stolen

This week in Te Kahu Class we watched a movie called the Rabbit Proof Fence we did a movie study and wrote our own story here is mine


Dear Journal 
 I  had  been taken  by the Rabbits. I saw the looks of my parents, the smile of Rabbit,
the struggle between them.
I felt the grip of my parents. I felt the Rabbit  pulling on my arm painfully and carelessly.
I heard the wails of my parents,
the laughter of the Rabbit and the start of the motor I have been taken by the Rabbit.

I reached Moore River I felt confused, casted out and lonely.
I heard the laughter of the playing children and the hymns of the church in the halt  of the motor,
I saw the despair on the children's faces, the disgusted faces of the Rabbits,
the white clothes of the children escaping was a must.


I saw my chance of escape I pretended to be sick while the other children went to church
 when I knew no one was there I snuck off,
during the escape I felt nervous what if they caught me but I felt adrenaline pumped as well
this was hope in a trying time I didn't jump to the chance of hope
I knew it was going to rain and I knew that was going to cover my tracks I needed to be
smart about this if I didn't cover my tracks in they were definitely going to get me while I was
there I know for a fact that the tracker  caught more than 5 runaways he was also Aboriginal
he was there because his daughter was there and she was a half-caste like me.
My escape was a success.


The heat of the desert was enough to make anyone starved and dehydrated 
but I was used to it but I still need to find something to drink or eat mainly  something to drink
water is more important than food.Well bless my luck I found a person that can help me they
heard me from the news my escape was a big story  there were wanted posters everywhere
They supplied me with enough food and water for 3 days.I'm getting exhausted
I've been without water for one hour.I reached a train station  I asked if there's any water in
there before they could reply a big red truck came at me I ran for it but a tree was in front of me
I turned quickly but the car rammed into it but the car was  in a drivable condition with a driver
who was unconscious I decided to pull the driver out of the car and drive it the train station was
probably going to report me so I got out of there fast 5 crashes later I was well away from the
train station luckily there was a map in the driver's seat so I was on track until the sixth crash
which destroyed the motor and puffed up smoke I immediately snatched the map and ran.
I am immensely tired,the scorching heat is making me see mirages I need wa…
When I came to I heard the chanting off my family with a rush of determination
I sprint to the noise tripping multiple times the chanting grew louder and louder the further I
got soon I came to a wall of trees the chanting stopped then out of the blue started again
I rushed  through wall of trees seeing my family and then I blacked out.When I came to I found
my family lying in the bed next to me with water I was finally home words can not explain the
happiness I felt that day I quickly drunk the water down to the last drop the hugged my parents I
was home sweet home. 

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment