Pages

Friday 24 July 2020

The Arcade

This is a story of one of the things I did in the Holidays


Once upon a time on the holidays, nearly three days before  school started, we were going away. It was a beautiful afternoon. My family, which includes my Dad, Mum and sister, went to Whangarei for my mother’s appointment. Why she needed an appointment was not my concern then, nor did I know why, but later it was stated in a conversation back home that this was a follow up appointment to one that happened a long time ago. Anyway, we packed the things we needed. My mother told me to pack an extra pair of clothes just in case something happened. The clothes were not necessarily needed. Anyway, we were supposed to pack and go earlier but my family woke up late and took some time to pack.

The journey was normal, we arrived at exactly 2:50 pm and which was ten minutes earlier than I expected. Then we  immediately went to Actionzone to go bowling with the friends we were staying with, but they were a bit late - due to having a newborn baby with them. When we entered, immediately I spotted the prize booth and found a Justice League funko pops for 350 tickets. Straight away I knew I had to get it! We ordered some food and started without them, the food was so crisp and delectable. Two and a half rounds later they arrived. 

Soon I started to lose interest in bowling. I started thinking of ways to get the funko pop. We had the loose change, so  all I needed to do was to  find a game that could earn me enough tickets to get it. Luckily they had Deal Or No Deal - an arcade game all about earning tickets. The next hour or so I spent so much time on Deal Or No Deal, barely even bowling, but in my head I knew it was going to be worth the effort. The highest amount I got was 107 tickets and the lowest was 1 ticket.

 We stayed at Actionzone until it was closing time. At the last minute we counted my tickets, but we did not count them all. I decided the cashier will be able to count so we rushed to the booth with my mountain of tickets. Luckily I had enough and a little bit extra so I bought the funko pop and two lollipops for my sister. The hero I got was Cyborg. It was cement grey with white spaces on the eyes and below the nose. To me it was all I could ever want! We left Actionzone and arrived  at our friends house  which was beautiful and majestic to enjoy the rest of our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment