Pages

Friday 3 July 2020

The Last Post of The Term

In the last post of the term I want to do a end of term reflection.

What was the highlight of the term ?
The highlight of the term for me was the matariki breakfast on Wednesday I got to eat a delicious breakfast and chat and bond with friends.We were served bacon, eggs, spaghetti, Toast, sausages, Milo and Juice. We each had to donate 2 dollars to the breakfast there was so much food that Kakapo had to finish it of. 

What was your biggest challenge ? 
My biggest challenge was getting my contract finished in time I stressed about it  way more than I needed to but I always finished it sometimes with some lucky coincidence. One of the harder tasks was the self portrait task I am not gifted in art but I pulled it of.One of my favourite tasks was the Manutukutuku task where we made a Maori Kite It was hard at first but I am proud of how the kite turned out.

What was your greatest success? 
My greatest success' were always in STEAM specifically the engineering part of STEAM it was a skill I never knew I had and it was fun to do succeed in STEAM for once. When I first found my skill it was in the Egg-Drop STEAM challenge where I worked with my partner Fynn we both worked really hard. The task was to build a contraption that can hold and protect an egg from falling and our contraption was a success.

What Is Something You Have Learned?
Over the term i have learned a lot but something i never knew was the two other stars of matariki 
Hiwa-I-Te-Rangi and Pohutukawa Hiwa-I-Te-Rangi the star of wishes and Pohutukawa the star that connects people to the dead.I also learned about converting measurements but I still have not mastered it just yet. Something else I learned is a trick on how to divide three digit numbers but like with conversion i still have not mastered it.

What are you most looking forward to this weekend? 
I am looking forward to relaxing because in lock-down I still had to work, Going to Whangarei and seeing the cool sites and tourist attractions and visiting my Uncles family. I want to relax because it has been and extremely fun term and I am exhausted with the amount of work I did. Even though  Uncle's family lives extremely close we haven't visited often because my family has been extremely busy with our own activities.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Ebes, great reflection!
    It is so awesome to read that you have found out that you have new skills especially in STEAM. Enjoy your school holidays and see you next term!

    ReplyDelete